Monday, October 27, 2008

Important Things


Today I have been thinking about what is really important in my life. I have been married for two years, two months, and 22 days. This time has been one of the most precious periods of my life. God has blessed me with an amazing husband who loves and cares for me more than I deserve! He has become so much a part of my life that I could not imagine going on without him. He is one of the most important things in my life. There are so many sad things happening in the world today and one of the saddest is what is happening to families. So often now we hear stories of broken families and ruined marriages. This is not what is supposed to happen. Why is marriage treated with such flippancy? I understand that marriage is hard. We have had our share of struggles but to give up seems so sad. What is our world coming to when we trade spouses like we change our hairstyles? Whatever happened to "Till death do us part"? It is so sad to me to consider the pain and sorrow that is haunting so many families because of adultery, infidelity, and divorce. Marriage can be such a blessing if you keep it in good repair. We can't let problems get to the point where we can do such harm to our marriages and our spouses.

Life is hard and requires a lot of effort but if something is truly important to you, it is worth putting in the required effort. My marriage is important to me. It is more important than anything else apart from God and I am committed to its success. My wedding vows are promises that I have made and intend to keep no matter what trials come our way. My prayer today is that people who take similar vows would take them seriously and not cast aside the love and commitment of a spouse on a whim. Lord help us all to be true to our commitments!

No comments: